The Disability Resource Centre in Northamptonshire
Supporting Disabled People and Carers across Northamptonshire
The Disability Resource Centre provides a range of free services for people in Northamptonshire.
We aim to empower people of all ages who are affected by disability or health conditions to fulfil their potential and aspirations.
We help disabled people, carers and families across Northamptonshire.
Our telephone helpline is open between 9 and 4.30 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Tel: 0300 303 0203
The Disability Resource Centre takes its services out into the community.
If you would like to find out more about the outreach services then please click here.
Disability Advice Services
Click here for some useful links to services in Northamptonshire
Information on many disability-related topics:
- Equipment Advice: We have many useful everyday items to help you live a more independent life. Our trained staff can advise you on a wide range of mobility and living aids, including larger equipment. This includes dressing aids, kitchen aids, wheelchairs and walking aids – all available for you to try in a welcoming and friendly environment. You can try out equipment and buy from us.
- Equipment Hire: You can hire manual wheelchairs from us for £10 per week or walking frames for just £5.
- The Second-Hand Equipment Service: Buy or sell your second-hand equipment using our register. Our register is displayed on our website and distributed upon request. Please note: We do not hold any of these items at the Centre.
- Welfare Benefits: Help with applying for disability-related benefits
- Telephone Service: The advice helpline is open weekdays from 9 am to 4.30pm (excluding Wednesdays). Whatever your question, we provide advice and information to help you find the right solution. Topics may include support groups, blue-badge form filling, holidays, recreational activities, transport, accessible venues and home services.
- See Us Near You:
- We visit events and locations around Northamptonshire. Please just come along to ask your questions. We are very knowledgeable about all aspects of disability. For locations and dates, please click here
- . If you would like a member of our team to come along to your club or society to talk to people in a friendly and informal, yet informative manner then please contact us.
Health, Learning and Work
Please enquire about our training and support that can help progress people into work. Workshops include:
- Money Management (SUM)
- PA Academy in Northampton
- Employment Support
- Health and Wellbeing