The Northamptonshire Centre for Independent Living provides a range of FREE services empowering people of all ages who are affected by disability or health conditions to fulfill their potential and aspirations.
We help disabled people, carers and families across Northamptonshire.
Disability Advice Services
Information on many disability-related topics:
- Equipment Advice: We have many useful everyday items to help you live a more independent life. Please make an appointment to see a member of our trained staff. They can advise you on a wide range of mobility and living aids, including larger equipment. This includes dressing aids, kitchen aids, wheelchairs and walking aids – all available for you to try in a welcoming and friendly environment. You can try out equipment and buy from us.
- Equipment Hire: You can hire manual wheelchairs from us for £10 per week or walking frames for just £5.
- The Second-Hand Equipment Service: Buy or sell your second-hand equipment using our register. Our register is displayed on our website and distributed upon request. Please note: We do not hold any of these items at the Centre.
- Welfare Benefits: Help with applying for disability-related benefits
- Telephone Service: The advice helpline is open weekdays from 9.3 am to 3.00pm (excluding Wednesdays). Whatever your question, we provide advice and information to help you find the right solution. Topics may include support groups, blue-badge form filling, holidays, recreational activities, transport, accessible venues and home services.
- Outreach Service: We take our services out into the community. Please visit the website or telephone for more information. If you would like a member of our team to come along to your club or society to talk to people in a friendly and informal, yet informative manner then please contact us.
Services to help you manage your Personal Budget including support to recruit and employ Personal Assistants:
- Payroll Services
- Managed Accounts Services
- Personal Assistant Register
- Services for Self-Funders and those receiving Personal Health Budgets
Health, Learning and Work
Please enquire about our training and support that can help progress people into work. Workshops include:
- PA Academy
- Employment Support
- Health and Wellbeing
The Gladstone Rd Resource Centre is open between 9.00am and 4.30pm each weekday and 9.00am and 4pm on Fridays
Call: 01604 588501 Fax: 01604 591276 Text: 07880 406610
Visit: Gladstone Road Resource Centre,
Gladstone Road, Northampton NN5 7EJ
On telephoning the Centre you will be given a menu of numbers to choose from. Your call will be routed to the person best able to help. Please leave a voicemail if your call is not picked up. We will get back to you as soon as possible.