Report Hate Crime
The Disability Resource Centre are a 3rd Party Reporting Centre with trained staff that can support people who wish to report a hate crime or hate incident.
To report Hate Crime or Hate Crime Incidents:
- Emergency: 999
- Non-emergency: 101
- Crime Stoppers: 0800 555 111
- Victim Support: 0845 30 30 900
- The Disability Resource Centre: 01582 470 900
- Report Online:
- The Disability Resource Centre: HateCrime@drcbeds.org.uk
- Helpline website that helps the criminal justice system to support people with learning disabilities
What is hate crime?
Hate crimes are any crimes that are targeted at a person because of hostility or prejudice towards that person’s:
- race or ethnicity
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation
- transgender identity
This can be committed against a person or property.
A victim does not have to be a member of the group at which the hostility is targeted. In fact, anyone could be a victim of a hate crime. A victim does not have to be a member of the group at which the hostility is targeted. In fact, anyone could be a victim of a hate crime.